 Pirates / 4220 (-10)
  Re: MOC - It's a slice of the Pirate's Life for Me! (A Pirate Vignette!!)

(...) Snip Thanks for sharing, Kurt! There have been other pirate vignettes, but you've surely taken it to the next level (er,.. deck). I like how that one pirate remains to hold on to his grog while in his bunk. It would be neat to see someone make (...) (20 years ago, 22-Mar-05, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.vignette, FTX)

  MOC - It's a slice of the Pirate's Life for Me! (A Pirate Vignette!!)

It's a slice of the Pirate's Life for Me! A Pirate Vignette!! On an 8 x 8 base! (URL) the gallery at: (URL) A MOC by Kurt Baty enjoy (20 years ago, 22-Mar-05, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.boats, FTX) !

  Re: 44 Gun Frigate Progresses

(...) That is certainly a magnificent effort at a huge scale! I particularly like the look of the rigging. Looking forward to seeing more... Cheers Richie Dulin (20 years ago, 17-Mar-05, to lugnet.pirates)

  44 Gun Frigate Progresses

Hi there! heres a new set of pics of the HMS Challenger...enjoy! any feed back or questions or suggestions are welcome (URL) (20 years ago, 17-Mar-05, to lugnet.pirates) !

  Re: The corvette Reprendre

(...) Thats amazing! I'm in awe! It looks so real! (20 years ago, 15-Mar-05, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: The Fighting Iron-Top {Monsoon}

(...) Thanks! You are right about the sloped bricks but I don't have enough of the longer kind. But I may still include slopes into the final version in some way since I think that I may add a partial middle deck for mounting cannon thus requiring (...) (20 years ago, 15-Mar-05, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  The corvette Reprendre

Reprendre ===...=== (URL) “…a big ship rigged privateer, ten guns a side, flush decked… what the Frogs call a corvette…. a twenty gun corvette under a good French captain was a serious menace…” - CS Forester “The Commodore” (2 URLs) On a glassy (...) (20 years ago, 15-Mar-05, to lugnet.pirates, FTX) !

  Re: The Fighting Iron-Top {Monsoon}

(...) Nice execution. I think if you could use angled plates for the topsides, rather than staggered bricks, it would look better. Using sloped bricks would also look good, I think. (...) Cannon in those pre-made gun ports is always a plus! Well (...) (20 years ago, 15-Mar-05, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  The Fighting Iron-Top {Monsoon}

Well it’s my lunch break so it thought I would introduce my Sunday afternoon project the Fighting Iron-top Monsoon : (URL) I know this strays fairly far into the realm of phantasy. Move the thread if it's wandering out of place. Please critique for (...) (20 years ago, 14-Mar-05, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Lego Cannon ( cannons ) design designs ( MOC MOCs ) and Carronade

Another good link! The thread call "Home built pirate weaponry" started by Richie Dulin (URL) And in that thread is this post (URL) in which Richie gives the construction details for his carronade. I have made a slightly different version of his (...) (20 years ago, 12-Mar-05, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact