 Pirates / 4120 (-10)
  Re: Pirate Tree House

(...) Good work, Jon. I was a big fan of SFR as a kid and now you've got me wanting to go watch it again. Also, I've wanted to make a village in the trees but always wimped out, worrying about having enough parts to make the massive trees. But your (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Pirate Tree House

(...) Now that is neat! Reminds me of the glory days of Pirates, when we'd get nifty little playsets like this: [LEGOSet 6270] This was always one of my favorite pirate sets. Very cool, and very playable too. Adrian (URL) (20 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Pirate Tree House

I haven't posted in awhile, but this MOC made me sit up and grin (even at 5am) :) Favorite parts: - iron winches - deck-style fencing - tree leaves (palm-style) - crow's nest (awesome!) Keep up the great work - better to post gold periodically than (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Pirate Tree House

(...) Oh hey...that's a lot of fun! Great meshing of the galleon bits into the structure. How you've also interspersed the levels to give it a nice flow from section to section. I love the placement of the figs 'in action' as well...really captures (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Pirate Tree House

Hello! This is so cool! Looking at your MOC I instantly got the feeling I was in a Monkey-Islandish cartoon scene. Very atmospheric, very detailed and of course very skillfully built. Well, I wouldn't have expected the opposite. :-) I didn't even (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Pirate Tree House

(...) Thanks for the compliments Richie. I was just down in CA during the Holiday and I must admit that I did take a lot of inspiration from the Tarzan Treehouse (it certainly was much more detailed when it was SFR). Especially the Ship's bow as an (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: More EOE Ships

(...) I love the look of the xebec with sails. Cheers Richie Dulin (20 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Pirate Tree House

(...) Ahoy! Nice work! It reminds me of the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse (now Tarzan's treehouse, I believe) at Disneyland - whimsical, but also believable. You've achieved a good tropical feel (great choice of foliage for the trees), and I love (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Pirate Tree House

Hey Bruce, How is it going for you? I hope you are doing well. It has been a while since my last MOC posting, but I've been lurking and posting here and there. I had a lot of problems with lighting and sharpness during the picture taking (I'm not a (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Pirate Tree House

Hey Jon, Long time no see, welcome back. Arr, this be a great MOC, matey (though shouldn't you be busy making Minas Tirith? ;) ). I love the incorporation of ship elements, and the use of tan rounds really looks like they used bamboo to make the (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact