 Pirates / 4043
4042  |  4044
Subject:
Three Boats, Two Junks, and One Ninja
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 00:33:32 GMT

Hello one and all:

In a slightly different vein, I thought that I would present my two modifications of a popular Adventurers kit.

The first is my Junk. You can see her here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=93991 This peaceful merchant Junk, manned by her crew of four, carries supplies to different ports of call. Some of the cargo is even stored on deck, illuminated by the mast-head lantern.

The second is my Warjunk. You can see her here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=93994 This Warjunk, manned by the daimyo and his loyal samurai, is ever vigilant for pirates, Europeans, and any other of the daimyo’s enemies. With bow and arrow, katana and naginta, the samurai are ever ready to carry out his will.

With both ships I removed the large oars at the stern, as well as the ship’s wheel, and added a more-realistic tiller instead.

I also built a sampan and two pirate boats. You can see them here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=93995 The daimyo’s loyal samurai has discovered some pirate boats, and has sent the daimyo’s not-so-loyal ninja to dispatch them! The battle is short, but swift.

The two boats use the ninja glider wings from one of the old castle-ninja sets, as sails. (Although I built these boats a year or so ago, I believe Ryan Moore has also built something similar with his Exploits of Empire III game - great minds think alike, eh Ryan!) The sampan is pretty straight-forward - some of the classic castle sets used a similar design.

Hope everyone likes it.

Aaron :)

Aaron :)