 Pirates / 4042
Re: Carronade Brig
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 2004 23:20:12 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Ryan T. Moore wrote:
Hello all!

Today I bring you the carronade brig. This small vessel can inflict massive
damage at close range with a broadside of two carronades. Normally I mount this
ship with 4 cannons, but I was inspired to see how my carronades would look. The
result was pleasing. Originally I had the four carronades on my frigate. Now the
two ships will have to share. In Exploits of Empire III, the carronade brig is a
variant of the standard brig and only Altavia posseses this vessel. She has more
HP and less speed than the standard brig, but the short-range smashers more than
make up for the difference. You can see pictures here:

Ryan

I especially like the tiller for a small ship of this size. Are the carronades
the foam-tipped large shooting "cannons", or something different?  It's hard to
make out. (Perhaps you should try adding more light sources to your ship (at
least two, one from each side)in addition to your camera's flash. Your pictures
should turn out better that way - try it!)

A nice little ship, Ryan.  Fill her with soldiers and she should be excellent at
closing and boarding with slower ships!

Aaron :)