 Pirates / 3920
Re: Is this cutter to big?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 19 May 2004 17:30:22 GMT

"Clangador" <clangador@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:Hxy4oI.1swv@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.pirates, Chris Yoder wrote:
I made a cutter for ESPG. I made it for a friend that is going to play, • and he
was a little miffed that I made The Pengiun
(http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=80998) for one of my • friends
and didn't make him a special ship. *Sigh*

Here's my question: do you think this ship is to big for a class 1 • cutter?

~Clangador

FLIP! I forgot to post the link to the cutter!

It's perhaps a bit long, but I'm not sure how much it matters. I prefer to
use comparable size cutters, but I have a strong streak of game balance (not
that the game remains balanced for very long - subtle differences in layout
of islands and the wind direction can skew game balance very quickly).

What's really most important is the number of crew and cannon, though a
cutter that was considerably larger might be somewhat unbalancing in that it
would be easier to stuff more crew onto it, but players are pretty clever
with stuffing their crew.

Another minor issue that could arise from a longer than expected ship is the
ability to "land" at two islands at once.

Frank