 Pirates / 3890 (-20)
  Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit

(...) Yep. Been away from .pirates for a few days... Advantage is being spyglassed too... (about two minutes away) I just came upon the Victoria first... but they'll both be there in a moment! Cheers Richie Dulin (3 URLs) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit

(...) You can go larger than minifig - many ships had figureheads that were 'larger than life' (in many senses of that term). I find a minifig head, on a 2x1 tile (with one stud) on two headlight bricks, with 2 1x1 round plates as breasts works (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit

Richie, since you're on and about to do some spyglassing for the Victoria, could you spyglass the [now refitted] Advantage again and link it to this thread? The older pictures are no longer current. Thanks! :) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit

(...) This is sound advice. I recall a seller who consistently mispelled 'pirate' as 'priate'... I picked up a few bits and pieces ;-) If you're building ships, you don't need complete sets... if you've got the hull pieces, masts and ratlines, it (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: HMS Victoria

(...) Ahoy! 32 guns? Nice work getting so many guns in! And very nice work on the sterncastle... I'll swing the old spyglass onto her shortly! Cheers Richie Dulin (3 URLs) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: What is this hull?

(...) I sure hope it's six wide... I have been after one for ages! They are very hard to get in anything other than pink. (Which migh suit some, of course, but not me :P) New mast piece things too, it seems, which is weird. Aren't the old mast (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: What is this hull?

(...) I don't know what the scala ones look like, but I'm pretty sure this black one is 6 studs wide (meaning 6 in the bottom of the boat, just like how the regular LEGO Pirate ones are 4 wide) The boat in that set with the island is 4 wide though I (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: What is this hull?

(...) I don't know. I'm tempted to get them from Germany, though. The "big" pirate boat looks super-deformed (like "chibi" characters in manga), but the pirate island and the little boat look cool. Do you think that's a normal boat in black? Or one (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: What is this hull?

(...) Cool. When does the new junior pirate stuff come out in the USA? Anyone? ~Clanagdor (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: What is this hull?

(...) I'm positive that it's MB from the viking ship. (snip) (...) Funny you talk about it Larry, I watched this movie in the plane back from BF PDX! :-) Pierre (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: What is this hull?

(...) I don't think it's actually Lego. I even looked at some of the newer sets, but didn't see anything like it. Check this out: (URL) isn't it? I think the sail is cute. (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: What is this hull?

(...) MB Vikings and/or dragon ships? (dunno the correct terms) I am with you, I don't think it's LEGO either. ++Lar (who watched Master and Commander last nite... great movie for some sailing ship ideas and boarding action ideas!) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  What is this hull?

What does this hull come from. This is the second time I've seen it on eBay. I don't think it's LEGO, but I could be wrong. (URL) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: shipbuilding techniques (was Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit)

(...) hi michael, i am extremely flattered that you hold my creation in such high regard! you do me much honor. thank you. i was very happy with scimitar, but believe it or not, i view all of my ships with an eye to improvement. as a result, each (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit

(...) hi, if i may add, i definitely would suggest buying through ebay rather than bricklink. i was able to find many 6285's and 6274's for reasonable prices. the trick is to just be patient. over the months i made purchases, i bought 5 BSB's and 4 (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit

(...) hi michael, i agree with your idea for a techniques thread. i would like to see how Mr Dulin does certain things, and am always on the lookout for new ideas! if you start one, i will definitely contribute! best regards, steve (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit

(...) hello! these ships are coming along nicely! its funny, the Advantage actually reminds me of the first real pirat ship i built! the stern section is almost exactly the same! it's great to see some larger pirate ships being built. i am not (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  shipbuilding techniques (was Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit)

(...) Yes I did. I may live to regret it ;) (...) I have made my own mast platform without using the Lego piece, by putting those 1x4 plates with the bar in the yard-holes (they are exactly 5 studs apart if you use one on each side at the top of the (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Report: ISS Advatange Refit

(...) Too late, I've already got more hull pieces than I currently need. =) (...) Right now I'm just working on class 4 and small ships. Once I get enough built, I will slowly work on larger ships. I had a RBR at one point, but my son razed it. (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: HMS Victoria

(...) Very nice ship. I look forward to seeing some more detailed pictures. I like the angles windows in the stern. How did you make you cannons? They look like standard round 1x1 pieces to me. Just curious as they look really good. ~Clangador (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact