 Pirates / 3822
Re: The Vikings meet Medieval Cogs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.gaming.brikwars, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:27:50 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Don Cox wrote:
Sometime back I did 3 Viking Longboats:

I wanted to do some Castle, shore raiding and I have seen "The Vikings" many
times and thought it would make a great BrikWars game.

Recently I was watching the film again and thought about doing naval actions.  I
built these 2 Cogs, based on 16-wide hulls.  I am currently working on ship to
ship warfare rules.  Anyway here are my pix, hope you enjoy.

-- Don

All well done.  I know a guy who did the exact set of rules that you are looking
for that were specifically medieval.  They were for resin ships and metal
minatures, but they should work for Lego (and I'll warn you that low Viking
ships facing high-castled ships swarming with archers have a tough time).  I
don't have his phone number, but the big SoCal gaming convention is coming up
Memorial day - if I see him I'll ask him about it.

-->Bruce<--