 Pirates / 3818
Re: The Grey Wolf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 06:08:50 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Daniel Yuhas wrote:
In lugnet.pirates, Richie Dulin wrote:
Avast ye! 'the back'? What sort of .pirates talk is that?

Haha. The correct term would be stern, correct?
Someone needs to teach me all of this stuff...

I don't know about yours, but my pirates have some very... colourful words that
roughly correspond to the same meaning.
I'm no real expert in nautical terminology or history either.  Just build 'em
and look up the words on Google, I say :)

It's not that long ago that someone noted the need to breathe some life into
.pirates... and between you, Chris and Michael the creations are pouring in.
The shipwrights of Port Brique are feeling left behind! (But, hopefully, not
for too long).
It has been quieter than .jackstone in here lately - I'm working on another
smaller vessel too, but I've been building town stuff for the Brisbane train
group and I'm also s'posed to be building something Aussie-related you know ;)

Yes, that was my intention, to breathe life back into this place. I've been
keeping my creations to myself for too long, seemed almost selfish. I've been
meaning to put all my stuff on Brickshelf for a long time, but never really
got around to it.
Good work all round!  The Spider-ship is a clever use of parts.  I note that you
use a lot of non-piratical pieces in your ships... I can't help but wonder if
the unavailability of pirates these days is why it is quieter here.

By the way, I love Port Brique. It's the main inspiration for my port town.
I'm still trying to come up with a good name for my town. I was thinking I
might name it Port Freedom after my blue and white ship Freedom.

Richie is an example to us all ;)

Michael