 Pirates / 3717
Re: New Pirate Pieces
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 23:55:30 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Nic Disseldorp wrote:
   After Looking at the new pirate 4+ sets

it looks like there will be a number of new pieces:

A big rowboat

That might be the one used for scala and one of the adventurers sets.

   Lots of new sales Two sea mats Two new flags, one blue one red a scull figure head a scull shaped BURP New cannons

I think that’s the old competition/Alpha Team/Knights Kingdom cannon... but moulded in dark grey is good.

   New masts

My favourite new part!

   Can antyone see anything else new or think of any good uses for theese parts?

There’s the large ship hull... which looks nice and wide. And the wide brimmed pirate hat as well.

The brown bow-rail is nice, and will definitely make its way onto Port Brique vessels in due course.

Though not new, the presence of large oars is a bonus.

Actually, that’s a lot of new parts for pirates. The only exclusively pirate parts I can think of off hand are (unique moulds/parts, not just recolours or reprints):
  • wide hull parts (bow, centre, stern)
  • narrow hull centre
  • tall mast base
  • long ratlines
  • Shako hat
  • Islander hair
  • various sails
Everything else, I think, no matter how piratey, has made an appearance somewhere else (even if it was just in Time Cruisers!).

Adieu

Richie Dulin