 Pirates / 3696
3695  |  3697
Subject:
First MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 04:44:59 GMT

Hi!  My name is David, and I'm a student at KU.  I've been reading LUGNET for a
couple years, and I think I'm ready to make my first post.

First is a little chessboard I made in 2002.  I really like the way I designed
the pieces.  The knight is one of favorites, based on the old castle horses.
The rook is nice too with the simulated towers.

Then there's the Phoenix Flame, a small merchant airship I built during the
summer of 2003.  There is a propeller beneath the mast, and the propellers in
back rotate up and down.  It supports a small crew traveling short distances
from port to port.  The decreased size of the merchant airship aids in staying a
step ahead of predators, such as the next MOC.

The true menace of the skies come in the form of the Grand Lion.  Commandeered
by the Scarred Pirate, it was originally designed as a luxury ship for the
Royals.  Of course, it is currently outfitted with eight cannons to support the
pirate way of life.  The crew is just over twenty cutthroats, with the captain's
woman on board for good measure.
The captain's cabin in back is a bay window, opening to access the cabin.
From tip to tail, the Grand Lion is just under 3 feet long (The PF is 18
inches).  What the Grand Lion lacks in speed, it certainly makes up for in size.
Take that puny Phoenix Flame.

Well, that's about it for my first post.  But I would really like to get some
feedback.  I apologize for the pictures, they just don't do justice to the
models.  I've never been good with cameras.

David Biller
Think outside the box for my e-mail address.