 Pirates / 3295
Re: Spanish Armada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 17:26:24 GMT

*cough*

*tugs collar*

Well, the problem lies in my lack of a new web building program, and thus my
inability to update that site at all. Last addition was that of the Riflemen
a while back... well, anyway, I've just been able to get a new program
going, so hopefully I'll soon have pages for Friendly, Flame, and Lady
Grace... though that'll have to wait until after exams. For now my showcase
remains Brickshelf (I just link to Brickley's for now as a bit of a plot
thickener : )

As to taking on the Spanish, sounds like an interesting proposition, though
I only have access just now to a Naval cutter of some 60 studs (and nine
18-pounder carronades). I'm just finishing the masting of the Privateer
cutter Lady Grace (six 4-pounders), so she could put to sea as well. With
that I've got a mixed force of... hmm... say about 70 men (49th foot, 4th
Royal Fusiliers, Rifles, 9th Dragoons, and the volunteers of the Nova Scotia
Freemen Company)... plus landing party volunteers. Not too bad, altogether,
though I might like to wait until I get my gunboats built... and maybe
another ship (though I'm hitting a problem with masts just now!)...

Drop by the Cove some time, I'm sure Captain Carstairs and Mr. Tucker would
be interested in a voyage south... : )

Although I'm sure things would end off in pleasant enough terms. The Spanish
don't always get along with the British, but I'm sure amiability may
prevail... HM Cutter Friendly, after all ; )!

Kenneth Tam
Brickley's Cove

In lugnet.pirates, Jeffrey Benson writes:

Kenneth Tam
Brickley's Cove
http://members.rogers.com/brickleyscove/Home.htm

PS - Ken, your link on your website to your ships doesn't seem to be
working.  I get to the page w/ the shot of the main deck, but can't see any
more photos! :(