 Pirates / 3275
Re: MOC - HMS Bricklicious
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 00:03:56 GMT

Thanks for your comments!

I knew I didn't like cats for a good reason ;-)

What really bummed me is that I transported it in the back of my Jeep, and
it survived the trip PERFECTLY ... not a mast out of place.  And then I
stuck it atop a bookshelf, and Guy decided to chase after Tippy, and they
jumped on boxes, and ... well, it was actually pretty spectacular.  I then
made a big mistake and decided to start COMPLETELY over on it ... and, er,
well, I just never got it back.  :(

I love the stern design! And the ten (?) gun broadside is quite impressive, too.

And when you say expanding a Carribean Cruiser, you do mean *expanding*.

Yeah, it got a bit out of control.  I was actually intending on doubling the
length, and actually building a second enclosed gun deck, but, er, then I
moved, and the ship went kaboooooooooom, and, well ... :)

It's a pity there isn't a pic showing the full ship, but those you have
certainly capture the ship (did I mention I love the stern design?).

Thank you!  I expanded the interior cabin quite a bit, I was actually really
happy with how it came out (a desk big enough for two senior officers - the
Admiral and the General, trunks, crates, and weapon racks).  I wanted to
redo it so that the roof - or a section of it - could be lifted off for easy
access (at the point of destruction, the only way to get in to the top was
to, well, take apart the top).

If you're going to rebuild it (please do!), I'd suggest moving the foremast
forward and the mainmast aft. Typically, the foremast is well forward, and
the distance from the foremast to main is about double the distance from
main to mizzen (assuming a typical ship or barque rig - have a look at the
rig on http://guide.lugnet.com/set/10021).

I'd like to rebuild it ... but, as mentioned above, I can't.  Grrr.  I'm
hoping to "expand" my new Blackseas Barricuda, though.  I probably about
about three dozen cannons waiting to use, and a whole army of officers,
Marines, and sailors to crew it. :)

Jeff Benson
jbenso1@towson.edu