 Pirates / 3273
Re: MOC - HMS Bricklicious
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 23:26:04 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Jeffrey Benson writes:
Hi, all!

I built this ship a few years ago.  I picked up a boxed "Carribean Cruiser"
from eBay, and began expanding it.  I worked on it for about a year, but it
was sadly destroyed shortly after I moved (my cat misjudged a jump, and well
... CRASH!).

I knew I didn't like cats for a good reason ;-)

Allow me to apologize for the poor quality of the photos.  These were taken
with a web-cam, about four months before "the accident."

I love the stern design! And the ten (?) gun broadside is quite impressive, too.

And when you say expanding a Carribean Cruiser, you do mean *expanding*.

It's a pity there isn't a pic showing the full ship, but those you have
certainly capture the ship (did I mention I love the stern design?).

If you're going to rebuild it (please do!), I'd suggest moving the foremast
forward and the mainmast aft. Typically, the foremast is well forward, and
the distance from the foremast to main is about double the distance from
main to mizzen (assuming a typical ship or barque rig - have a look at the
rig on http://guide.lugnet.com/set/10021).

Cheers

Richie Dulin