 Pirates / 3071
    The top hat shako —Richie Dulin
   Ahoy and G'Day I've completed the first conversion of a top hat into a shako. I used a cutting disk for most of the cutting, tidying up with a craft knife and fine sandpaper. The removed brim was not salvagable (although it probably could be, if (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: The top hat shako —Kenneth Tam
   (...) Nifty! If I wasn't using my top hats for some of my midshipmen, I'd probably give it a shot. (...) service with Wellington: the Belgian style up to 1812 and the 'stovepipe' after (well, once the hats actually caught up to the army). The (...) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au)