 Pirates / 3045
Re: Selling advice
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 05:37:45 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
How would you sell these?
http://www.bricks.wilkesworld.co.uk/images/10921108/PICT0015.JPG
(FYI, it is 2x 6274 and 2x 6276)

As a complete lot, or as individual sets?

Individual sets.

Conventional wisdom says individual sets would probably fetch a greater total price.
However, I wondered whether the attraction of being able to get a good number of soldiers in one go
would also attract a high bid?

Since these soldiers are part of the sets, my advice would be to sell them
broken down into their sets.  But....

If you were selling the soldiers without the sets, large lots of soldiers
often do better per figure than small lots, especially homogeneous lots.
Collecting armies is tough when you have to buy 3-5 figs at a time, and
postage drives up the per figure cost.  Not to mention the time involved.

Bruce