 Pirates / 3044
Re: Selling advice
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 00:44:30 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
How would you sell these?
http://www.bricks.wilkesworld.co.uk/images/10921108/PICT0015.JPG
(FYI, it is 2x 6274 and 2x 6276)

As a complete lot, or as individual sets?

I would sell them individually. Smaller, more compact lots
usually fetch higher bids on ebay, wheras larger, more
expensive lots might turn away bidders due to the fact
some people are on a budget, and hence, can only afford
so much to purchase lego per month. (myself included.)

Conventional wisdom says individual sets would probably fetch a greater total price.
However, I wondered whether the attraction of being able to get a good number of soldiers in one go
would also attract a high bid?

That's a possibility too, although it's common to find
small lots of soldiers sporadically scattered throughout
ebay, people tend to buy the smaller packs to assimilate
forces at a cheaper cost.

I thought it might make a nice starter pack for someone perhaps - gives them an instant navy to
chase their pirates :-)

Lawrence

Then again, that's at your discretion.

HTH