 Pirates / 2980 (-5)
  Re: How to make sea-side villages?

Hi everyone, Thanks all for offering so many useful suggestions. I have been very much influenced by places like Port Block and Port Brique. I'll be sure to post pictures as soon as I can. Just a little background, I'm an Astronomer with great (...) (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Hussars!

(...) Head selection is important for hussars. I was careful to select only moustachioed arrogant looking types. After all, they have to be pretty self-assured to get around with hats like those. (...) Port Block is overdue for a royal visit, isn't (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: How to make sea-side villages?

Hey Stephen, I haven't built a lot of docks, only one off the back of a castle. I used the 1x1 round pieces for the pilings and then a plate for the dock, so it was one and one third bricks high. I have a gangplank going up onto the ship. Hope this (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: How to make sea-side villages?

(...) Duplos would be a purer solution, and I always find them at garage sales and flea markets (unlike Legos, which are rare indeed). Hmm, good use for them when the 14 month old outgrows them. George (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: How to make sea-side villages?

(...) Mmmmmm. Sea walls and docks and raising town baseplates are all good uses for decently proportioned clones (ie MB). They're cheap, essentially unseen, and available in adequate colours for these purposes in truckload quantities. Port Block's (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact