 Pirates / 2682
  Fleet Week

Ahoy! Tall ship to port: (URL) the stars & stripes, in case you didn't see it from the TV blimp covering Fleet Week. Sighted from me crow's nest overlooking the U.S.S. Intrepid in the Hudson River. -Erik (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Fleet Week

(...) And though it's posted in .pirates, it is in fact an *anti*- pirate! That's the Coast Guard training ship, U.S.S. Eagle, whose name is reserved for the USCG (thus why you'll see no Navy ships named that) after the War of 1812 in which a tiny (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Fleet Week

That's the beauty of Lugnet. I didn't have a clue what I was taking a photo of, but Lindsay did! (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Fleet Week

Hey, My Mom lives in The Newport Towers in Jersey City. When I was a wee sprig'n I used to watch the ships come in and out of the Hudson Harbor every Year. It's definetly an inspiration to see the ships, especially from the 18th floor. She's always (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Fleet Week

Another tall ship post, I know it's off-topic for .pirates. The Danish tall ship DANMARK visits the U.S. from June 27. It will be in Baltimore during BrickFest. For the full schedule and about the ship, look here: (URL) EAGLE, it's also a training (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.pirates)