 Pirates / 2602
  Re: French Navy Ranks

It's not French but Steve Beisty's(Sp?) Cross-Section of A Man-of-War has an excellent break down of the crew. Try also watching some Horatio Hornblower movies, in some they had some references to the French navy. Hope your fleet comes out (...) (22 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: French Navy Ranks

(...) An excellent series, and the basis for most of my ship knowledge of the era ;-) (...) I'm very pleased with the Brig (which owes a lot of the design inspiration to the larger ships out of Port Block), and have it displayed on top of the TV at (...) (22 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.pirates)