 Pirates / 2544
Re: Looking for Tall/sailing ship MOCs for inspiration and tips
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 20:41:14 GMT

John Grubber wrote:

Hi all,
  I recently got hold of two large brown hulls, complete with masts and
rigging.  I would like to build a ship, ideally from the napoleonic (1800's) or
pirate (1600's) eras.  This is a display model for a mantle, so i am not
concerned with cutesy features (bright colours and falling masts), i need
help/info on making it look good and detailed.

Check out lugnet.pirates

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I was going to search for MOC's on
brickshelf, but i don't even know where to start.

You may want to start here:

http://www.mindspring.com/~ffilz/Lego/pirate-ships.html

It doesn't have the absolute latest stuff, but it's got quite a good
coverage of what I know is out there (and as always, if you find
something I haven't linked to, please do send me the link).

Frank