 Pirates / 2509
  Re: galleon (ISCC entry) then drifting off into an MOC of my own...

(...) Hmmm... there's an idea - front-rudder steering :) What if the triangular sail was used as a kind of gaff, i.e. RBR style? Would that be 'acceptable'? Michael Dallaston (who's very good at making gaffes :P) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: galleon (ISCC entry) then drifting off into an MOC of my own...

(...) No, that's how you reverse your course (at least if one subscribes to Carrollian logic, always a bit Dodgy by definition) so it will still be aft steering. (...) A gaff sail wouldn't be triangular. Jibs, staysails or lateens are triangular. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.pirates)