 Pirates / 2507
    Re: galleon (ISCC entry) then drifting off into an MOC of my own... —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) Arrrr, I be despisin' them lubbers at Lego fer turnin' 'round their lateen sail aftbackwards, iffn you be excusin' me french. Gives designers the wrong idea. Next they'll 'ave their bowsprits afoul their rudders and they'll be well an' truly (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.pirates)

        Re: galleon (ISCC entry) then drifting off into an MOC of my own... —Michael Dallaston
   (...) Hmmm... there's an idea - front-rudder steering :) What if the triangular sail was used as a kind of gaff, i.e. RBR style? Would that be 'acceptable'? Michael Dallaston (who's very good at making gaffes :P) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.pirates)

        Re: galleon (ISCC entry) then drifting off into an MOC of my own... —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) No, that's how you reverse your course (at least if one subscribes to Carrollian logic, always a bit Dodgy by definition) so it will still be aft steering. (...) A gaff sail wouldn't be triangular. Jibs, staysails or lateens are triangular. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.pirates)