 Pirates / 2472
Re: Pirate Good Deed For The Day
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 15:52:19 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Frank Filz writes:
Well, I was too late to do a LEGO Good Deed, so I had to settle for a
Pirate Good Deed.

Every year our Church puts "Christmas Angels" on the tree, identifying a
toy a needy child desires. Last year I managed to snag one asking for a
LEGO set. This year I didn't manage (in fact, one or two LEGO sets were
already wrapped under the tree [you attach the toy label to the wrapped
package so they can apply the appropriate name tag so the right toy goes
to the right kid]). Fortunately, I found a next best thing, a child
asking for the Fisher Price Pirate Ship. I almost forgot, but
fortunately TRU had the Fisher Price toys right up front near the cash
register and as I was walking by with my armload of LEGO, I saw them and
remembered...

Last year I gave a Shell Ferrari, I hope the child who received it
enjoyed the set.

Frank

Arrr, we be mighty proud o' ye, matey!

We have a big barrel at work for toy donations (Toys for Tots, I think).
And every year it sits a bit forlornly until I dump in an armload of sets.
The barrel fills up after that.  Your message was a good reminder, because I
went and checked and saw the barrel sitting there forlornly, as usual.  I'll
make my deposit on Monday - it'll be Star Wars sets this year.

Bruce