 Pirates / 2471
Re: Pirate Good Deed For The Day
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 03:47:29 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Frank Filz writes:
Well, I was too late to do a LEGO Good Deed, so I had to settle for a
Pirate Good Deed.

   Heh.  Were it anyone else, I'd scream "ARRR!  Pirates don't do good
   deeds, unless there's RUM involved."  ;)

Every year our Church puts "Christmas Angels" on the tree, identifying a
toy a needy child desires. Last year I managed to snag one asking for a
LEGO set. This year I didn't manage (in fact, one or two LEGO sets were
already wrapped under the tree [you attach the toy label to the wrapped
package so they can apply the appropriate name tag so the right toy goes
to the right kid]). Fortunately, I found a next best thing, a child
asking for the Fisher Price Pirate Ship. I almost forgot, but
fortunately TRU had the Fisher Price toys right up front near the cash
register and as I was walking by with my armload of LEGO, I saw them and
remembered...

   That's a pretty good idea--we had toy drives at NWUU, but never any
   specific notice of particular toys.  That may be because there were
   so very many needy kids in Detroit, and so many churches and charities
   offering aid.  But I'll bet here in NJ (or even in Boston), that would
   fly.  It's interesting that you have a Christmas tree proper, though--
   ours Church decorations were fairly festive, but noticably leaned to
   Kwanzaa and Hanukkah (insert your preferred spelling here, 'natch).

Last year I gave a Shell Ferrari, I hope the child who received it
enjoyed the set.

   For shame, you should already know the answer to that--it's LEGO,
   he or she *must* have.  There is no questioning!  :)

   best

   LFB