 Pirates / 2457
  Re: ISCC (mini-)entry: pirates

(...) Don't worry, Ben. A little grammatical and spelling confusion is understood for a non-native speaker. After all, a pretty significant portion of native speakers can't do it well either :) That is a great and funny little story. Where did those (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: ISCC (mini-)entry: pirates

(...) These 1x6x5 panels (left hand in the picture) with bricks and green are from Harry Potter (Hagrids Hut and/or Forbidden Corridor). I bought both sets on Saturday and used lots of the parts for my pirates scenery. Do you recognise the shackles? (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: ISCC (mini-)entry: pirates

(...) They would be from Hagrid's Hut (a set I don't own) because I have the Forbidden Corridor, where the staircase comes from. The shackles are keys, aren't they? That's very clever :) Adrian (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: ISCC (mini-)entry: pirates

(...) Yes right! I was glad they come in pairs: I have the sets mentioned before (4707, 4706) plus the Hogwarts Express. BTW: I really can recommend Hagrids Hut. In my opinion much better than the Forbidden Corridor. The corridor is just nice (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: ISCC (mini-)entry: pirates

(...) Yeah, I'll get it eventually. The Forbidden Corridor was actually a gift for me. I haven't bought any of the Harry Potter Lego myself yet. Though I fully expect to get some for christmas. Adrian (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: ISCC (mini-)entry: pirates

Hello Reinhard, (...) Paper roof for example ;) But how about the doors? Are they really as nice as they look on the photo? Bye, (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: ISCC (mini-)entry: pirates

(...) I really do not understand all this complaining against the paper roof. What is so bad about it?! If the set had regular sloped pieces instead, I bet the price would have been twice at high (that would have been a bad set then). If the set had (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: ISCC (mini-)entry: pirates

Hello Reinhard, (...) I think that in case of HP sets we're paying mostly for Hardy Porter logo, characters, etc. (vide Star Wars). With regular bricks or without it the set must be expensive... (...) but I just don't like the idea. (...) Fluffy is (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: ISCC (mini-)entry: pirates

(...) What is wrong with the plastic sheet roof has everything to do with the tactile feel of the brick. These plastic sheets should never replace bricks when its possible to do the same thing with some other kind of brick form, even if they have to (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: ISCC (mini-)entry: pirates

(...) <snip> (...) No, I'm 100% serious about this... (...) Here I could not disagree more: I really hate new (monofunctional) molds (poops and whatever they are called.) This sheet is - in my eyes - the same as the paper behind the shops in diagon (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: ISCC (mini-)entry: pirates

(...) I agree with Ben. I hate the large moulds (SPUD/BURP/POOP pieces), but I think what the roof does far outweighs its limited uses in MOCs. (...) This is the main thing - it keeps the cost down, and the way it lets the hut open out is a (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.harrypotter)