 Pirates / 2433
Re: Pirate/Brickfest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 18:58:00 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, James Seibert writes:

Hugh wrote:
Ok, I'm new to posting  on Lugnet...   I was with Steve Jackson when he • did his
pirate game at Archon.  I want to play some more.

Was this done this year?  I wish I'd known, I would have tried to go play.
What year is Archon on?  I grew up in StLouis, but I think the last one that I
went to was #10 or 12.

email me and help me to put on Pirate/Brickfest here in St. Louis.  I • feel that
a mid-west event would not hurt any of these events, but would give the
mid-westerners a chance to attend such a wonderful experience.

If you were at Archon then you played with Doug Mikkelson, another Lego
pirate addict. I couldn't attend because of contining employment
obligations. We play at the gaming conventions like Egyptian Campaign in
Carbondale, IL, Gencon at Milwaukee. I think the possibility of a Midwest
LUG festival is good. St. Louis would be good for me.

Me too!  Any easterners want to carpool out to the Gateway city for a weekend
of piracy?

10 hours away for me. Chicago is closer than Atlanta. Besides Lego people in

Chicago would be cool too.  I lived there for a year and a half.

St. Louis is sixteen hours for me.  Chicago is a little less.  I could
definately stay for free in St.Louis and maybe in Chicago.

Chris