 Pirates / 2420 (-10)
  Cannons?

This is probably a stupid question, but when did cannons come into use? Would a ship in the 'castle' era have cannons? (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: While Browsing Brickshelf...

(...) Thanks It was meant for the Isle of mist. Most of the other people were going a more futuristic route with their airships so I thought I'd try for a more traditional sailing ship look. Its my fist attempt at a big ship of any kind. I think it (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  While Browsing Brickshelf...

I came across the following cool little ship by Cale Leiphart: (URL) It's got little propellers, so it's probably meant for the Isle of Mist over in .castle.org.cw, but take off the props and it's a very cool little pirate ship in its own right. Go (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Pirate fleets

(...) probably too large. The largest ship the game deals with would be a 16-wide with 4 center sections (one more than the BSB or SES). With the campaign game playing we've been doing at Brickfest, we've got no where close to using the bigger (...) (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Pirate fleets

Are only official Pirate sets allowed? I would like to use this ship I built for more than gathering dust and dead bees. (URL) also have a Pirate display in my comic shop. Here are some real crummy pics. (URL) (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  problems with riggings

Hello, I've bought new mast set from BSB, but the problems occured. One of the riggings seems to be too short. I've looked to BSB instruction scans and I've noticed the mainmast base and ends of its riggings are on the same level, while the altmast (...) (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Fan-freakin-tastic source for historical ships!!!!

(...) Building an ancient Greek style warship of some kind has always been one of my lego dreams. Any pics of that online? Or are there any pics that anyone knows of other attempts at recreating a trireme/bireme? cheers Magnus (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Fan-freakin-tastic source for historical ships!!!!

Hey Bruce, go for it, I dare you! See how many minifig rowers can be crammed into the hold of a ship, stacked in three levels so tight they barely have room to move the oars! Oh, wait, that makes it easy. The real challenge is that they be able to (...) (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Curator

I've been enabled as curator of lugnet.pirates so if you have anything you'd like to see on the page let me know. I will be moving some of the links from my pages onto the Pirates link page in the next week or so. Perhaps this would be a good time (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Fan-freakin-tastic source for historical ships!!!!

(...) Thanks for posting - I'll wade through this stuff as opportunity presents. I've been meaning to try a Trireme at some point. Bruce (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact