 Pirates / 2409
    Fan-freakin-tastic source for historical ships!!!! —James Brown
   Holy cow is this a good site! I entered "bireme pictures" in google and got my socks knocked off: (URL) was lookin' for pictures (and got 'em), and got buried under an avalanch of information about anything that resembled a boat from 2600 BC to 16 (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)

        Re: Fan-freakin-tastic source for historical ships!!!! —Erik Olson
     (...) I built a bireme recently. I got some good information from the Trireme Trust web page (easy to find, hard to load.) They are the folks who crew the Olympias, shown in color on that page. But I had no access to anything like all those (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)

         Re: Fan-freakin-tastic source for historical ships!!!! —Magnus Lauglo
     (...) Building an ancient Greek style warship of some kind has always been one of my lego dreams. Any pics of that online? Or are there any pics that anyone knows of other attempts at recreating a trireme/bireme? cheers Magnus (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)

        Re: Fan-freakin-tastic source for historical ships!!!! —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) Thanks for posting - I'll wade through this stuff as opportunity presents. I've been meaning to try a Trireme at some point. Bruce (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)

        Re: Fan-freakin-tastic source for historical ships!!!! —Erik Olson
   Hey Bruce, go for it, I dare you! See how many minifig rowers can be crammed into the hold of a ship, stacked in three levels so tight they barely have room to move the oars! Oh, wait, that makes it easy. The real challenge is that they be able to (...) (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.pirates)