 Pirates / 2040 (-20)
  Re: Sail Making..was: Big Thunder

Sheree Rosenkrantz is planning on making sails for sale. I know she will be at Brickfest and some of her sails will be featured in the Pirate Game. Frank (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Figure head for 6285

Thank you. Martin (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Sail Making..was: Big Thunder

(...) Hi Joel, The black rose on the sails is done with iron on fabric. It's the same stuff you would buy to patch some clothing. It comes in different weights and I use the lighter weight. I made a design on paper, traced it to the fabric, cut it (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Ahhhh...to be surrounded once more by Pirates...

(...) Ahhhh, I snagged 25 of the same for the same purpose. Skellies just look cooler with that headdress on. Redshirts? How many besides me actually saw 1st run Star Trek? Old, old, old.... Graybeard (formerly Red(shirt?)beard (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Ahhhh...to be surrounded once more by Pirates...

(...) Well not really. As long as I populate the islands, no one else will know... (...) I've got a ton of headdresses also... I've also got a ton of mummies. (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Ahhhh...to be surrounded once more by Pirates...

(...) Oh, heavens no. That would be like the scenes from "Mummy" where scarabs overrun various redshirts... (...) They'll have to be identical to keep the mystery contents a mystery! (...) Hmmm...maybe a Shipwreck Island might be good, and for the (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Ahhhh...to be surrounded once more by Pirates...

(...) Well, you of all people should realize that. We aren't going to run "The Pirate Fleet vs. the Gloire"... (...) Yea, some decent looking 16x16 islands would be cool. (...) I'd like to see a few genericish 32x32 islands. I'd also like to see (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Ahhhh...to be surrounded once more by Pirates...

(...) And of course I've still got your other mortar somewhere around. I need to build some copies, and I need to finalize the rules. (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Ahhhh...to be surrounded once more by Pirates...

(...) Please do. I was looking at it last year, but since I had not totally realized it was yours and hadn't had a chance to ask if we could use it, I didn't use it. - NOTE FOR ALL PIRATES ATTENDING BRICKFEST - Please check in with me and indicate (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Pirate Game Question

(...) I asked this of Steve Jackson once, and as a result of his answer, the guidelines I go by when I run the game are: - a ship may always have one swivel mount cannon - only large ships (like class 5 or so or larger) may have more than one swivel (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Big Thunder

(...) Tom -- I like your ship - the colors are wonderfully cooridnated. Man, though... If *I* had that many names I'd go by "Cap'n Rose", too. urk.. :) I have a question, though. How'd you do the black rose logo on the sails? Silkscreen or (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Pirate Game Question

I leave cannons off my ships for the Campaign Game and they have to be bought by the player when they dock at a port. To buy a swivel mount for a cannon costs 'em an extra 50 gold. For a sail'n shoot I'm not too sure - you could add to the (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Pirate Game Question

I have a question for you fellow pirate game players. When building custom ships, do you let everyone just make whatever they want, irregardless of reality? Case in point, my friend likes to put all of his cannons mounted onto those swivel bases. So (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Ahhhh...to be surrounded once more by Pirates...

(...) Wait, there's a difference? ;) (...) That sounds like a good idea. I had thought, though, to take the 16x16 island plates, add a few yellow bricks and slopes, a treasure chest (which might have coins, might have scorpions!), and a palm tree or (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Ahhhh...to be surrounded once more by Pirates...

(...) (Clarification: Heck with cannon. Keep ships away very effectively with mortars. ;) ) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Ahhhh...to be surrounded once more by Pirates...

(...) Heck with that! Siege Mortars! (URL) (By the way, the Bomb Ketch is still around--I can bring it too.) best LFB (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Ahhhh...to be surrounded once more by Pirates...

(...) Ooh, looks nice. Just give 'em a few treasure chests to guard and maybe another cannon or two and watch people try to assault it... Steve (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Ahhhh...to be surrounded once more by Pirates...

(...) Should I bring my Pirate's Lost Island ((URL) to the game? -- Thomas Main main@appstate.edu (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Ahhhh...to be surrounded once more by Pirates...

(...) Well, it depends on how much you want to create for yourself and how much you want to create for the Pirate Game... In support of the Pirate Game, I'd suggest a modest island or two and/or a modest ship or two (we will need bunches of class (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Ahhhh...to be surrounded once more by Pirates...

Ooooh. I'm home. Sweet! Welcome back! (...) Oh yeah. You've got the bug alright. (...) Well I really am a big Pirate fan. I only had the oldest sets so I'd love to see a ship on the scale of the BSB. Also, I think it would make for an awesome (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact