 Pirates / 1680 (-10)
  LEGO 6286 PIRATE MISB started an auction

please visit my auction page see: (URL) well~ (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: captain redbeard

(...) He was in 12 sets, only one each as you might expect: <set:6204,6250,6251,...6286,6289> He doesn't appear with different legs or head as some of the pirates do - just the one configuration. (Data from Margo Kubiak and Brickset concurs; (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  captain redbeard

just curious but how many sets was he in i just got back into pirates (i stopped when they were discontinued) and from a tally up i have 22 (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Sticker Flags

Thanks, I'll have to peel off a sticker and see what flag's underneath... Fingers crossed it's a blue imperial one as the one i have on my Tavern has rather loose clips... Steve "Tom Reed" <Merthyn1@webtv.net> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Sticker Flags

(...) Steve, I have a set of those stickers. As far as I know, those did not come with any set. They were from a idea booklet or magazine! You could use them to create a new flag if needed. The sets always came with preprinted flags. So those two (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Sticker Flags

I bought a 6268 - Renegade Runner at the weekend, and in the box were three large pirate clip-flags, one printed and two with stickers... Did the early Pirate Sets come with stickered flags? They look quite authentic... Steve (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: pirate + ninja

(...) The most entertaining book I read about US subs in the Pacific was the venerable 'Pig Boats,' a popular-issue book that was as of 1992 still available in paperback. As for academic books, Morison like most was still enamoured with the (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: pirate + ninja

(...) "Blind Man's Bluff" is a great book about the history of submarine warfare. (...) Japanese pirates during the period that the Ninja sets apply often picked up Koreans from ports they raided as part of the crew. Chris (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: pirate + ninja

(...) I'm still working 300 years before that! (...) Before Hideyoshi's invasion of Korea, there was really no Japanese "navy" so ship building tended to be on a fairly small scale, except for troop transports which were very boxy. (...) extremely (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: pirate + ninja

(...) Was the train in the water? Can you recommend any good books about submarines the Pacific theater? I've read the Pacific volumes of Samuel Eliot Morison's History of US Naval Operations, but I don't remember there being too much in there about (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact