 Pirates / 1650 (-10)
  Re: Brickfest 2001?

(...) I wouldn't want to do the midnight to 4:00 shift, but I'm sure someone would volunteer. (...) Great. (...) Saw your second message and responded. Frank (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Brickfest 2001?

(...) Maybe not. But if someone else would take the midnight-0400 shift, I'd take the 0400-0900 or whenever we were going to start. I do early mornings much better than late nights. (...) That's what I've been discussing with him. He seems open to (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: What is the best Pirate set ever?

(...) I've been able to separate a few trivially, but all the rest that I've tried on have resisted all efforts and I haven't been willing to force it. Someone once mentioned making a pry tool, but I've tried a few things (including carefully placed (...) (24 years ago, 10-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: What is the best Pirate set ever?

(...) I tend to agree with you Aaron! There's also one set that I think is overlooked. That is set 6273 the "Rock Island Refuge!" I love the concept for this set. I like the idea of Pirates having their secret hideout. I wish they had done more (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Just a little touch of pirate color...

(...) Hey Bruce, Put up a pick of the painted bird! I'd like to see it! I've been doing some painting of some minifig torsos, but I haven't thought of doing a bird. Might be interesting... Tom (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Just a little touch of pirate color...

Okay, to make this Lego oriented, I took a gray/stone parrot/falcon and painted the tail red to resemble an African Grey Parrot. I decided my real African Grey (Merlin - I wanted Odin but my son broke the naming tie in favor of his mother) wasn't (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: What is the best Pirate set ever?

(...) I agree that the Pirate series had some real shining examples of what TLC can do, but my personal favs are two and in-seperable: 6277 Imperial Trading Post and 6286 Skull's Eye Schooner. Man I could go on ALL DAY about why they are great sets, (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: What is the best Pirate set ever?

(...) "I'd had a lot to drink that night, and one thing led to another..." :) "It was all haywire...cats and dogs sleeping together, folks reassembling Pirate hulls..." Perhaps it was just that Bruce Magic. I'd love to know how you did it, too! I (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: What is the best Pirate set ever?

(...) I seperated a whole bunch of these and screwed them back together in a variety of ways, but I was just looking at the hulls and must confess I don't remember how I did it! Bruce (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The Perfect Parts Set: 6776 Ogel Control Center?

(...) Well, yeah, but that's sort of missing the point of novel usage. Perhaps the "cheez-n-crackers" baseplate? It's obviously single-fluid in potential, unless one decides to build up other containers out of 1xn bricks (and uses a sufficiently (...) (24 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build, lugnet.year.2001)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact