 Pirates / 1479
Re: A Little Help - Helmet nomenclature
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 23:34:14 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Jon Furman writes:

I was wondering if anyone out there knows the "official" name
for the "conquistador" type helmets worn by the Imperial Armada soldiers.

I've heard the "conquistador" helmets referred to as "Morion" helmets,
but I haven't bothered going to the library to verify this term
with the encyclopedia yet.

If you are an expert, maybe you can also help with those new "pan style"
castle helmets.

I don't claim to be an expert, but again, I have heard these referred to
as "kettle helms".

FWIW, I hope this helps.  :-)
Franklin