 Pirates / 145 (-10)
  Re: Pyrite Wackos (just fools be we...fools fer gold)

(...) And if you're feeling *dangerous*, you can always wait for the 2000 polar bears and dinosaurs... Arrrr, that be makin' REAL men of ye! LFB (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Lego 2000 and Beyond (was Re: Sadly a look at this group...)

(...) makes (...) Don't shoot me, I'm just the piano player! :-) (...) Rock Raiders. Eyuck. I'd love to see those dumped for Pirates, but remember what I said about "hipper". (...) Great for adult displays, not so good as toys for kids. Wish for (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Lego 2000 and Beyond (was Re: Sadly a look at this group...)

(...) A pox on your predictions, Bruce! A return of the Pirate/Soldier themes is the SINGULAR thing TLG could do to forever mend the extant rift between it and AFOL. The new 2000 lineup looks good, a giant step in the right direction in fact, but (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Caribbean Clipper

(...) came (...) The flags on mine broke too- only from this set, and only the flags, not the cannnon covers. I have this peice in a lot of other sets and they're fine. This is the same peice as the speed flaps on the Snowspeeder- wrong color of (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Caribbean Clipper

(...) the yellow birds (a pair) were in the adventurer's set from last year that came with a gold carrying case. can't find or recall # and name... i hate it when that happens!.... ~ so much so, that i rifled through my instructions file. it's set (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Caribbean Clipper

I built this model today. Its missing the yellow parrot bird and the flags are broken. In what sets can I find cheap replacements for these parts? -- Have fun! John The Legos you've been dreaming of... (URL) weird Lego site: (URL) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Sadly a look at this group...

(...) Nope, but my prediction was that if Adventurers continued, we would not see a return of Pirates. We may never see a return in any case. One can hope for 2001, but perhaps Pirates is just too out of style, and something hipper makes more sense (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Sadly a look at this group...

Sadly a look at this group, and I see there is no mention of the year 2000 catalogue. This can only mean there will be no pirates this year. Role on 2001! Scott A (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Phleet Photos Phublished

(...) Thanks for the kind words--and for mentioning the B&W as a positive. I'd wondered about that possibility (which has the added benefit of offsetting the odd colour scheme of those early ships) of "aging" the photo--if possible I'll try to (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Phleet Photos Phublished

Mr L F Braun wrote (...) is (...) before.) I like it! I like it fine! HMS Indomitable is the finest example of the art that I think I have seen. If anything, I think its enhanced by the B&W. Not only does it reduce the pic to very realistic colours, (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact