 Pirates / 1413
  Re: The St. Theresa

Hi! WOW!! That's gotta be the best Lego ship I've ever seen! There must be loads of room on board! I'm working on a present day battleship (the HMS Vergara) and so far I'm using a massive Technic frame (which isn't working too well). Can you please (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The St. Theresa

(...) The best?! Wow... thanks but I think you need to check out some of these guys work... This was the inspiration for my ship... (URL) Block is a must... (URL) Elwood & Bubba have a great ship... (URL) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The St. Theresa

(...) I'm not sure how Felix constructed his, but for modern ships it's always a pain trying to get the flared bows (a reason I stay with ships from 1918 or earlier). I think I still have detailed pictures of one solution on the mini-homepage for (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The St. Theresa

(...) I know that the deck is the part that you stand on, and the bow is the the part in the front of the ship, but that's about where my nautical knowledge runs aground. What scale, approximately, is your HMS Queen? And how big was the real one? (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The St. Theresa

(...) sorry I didn't really answer your question before... I'm a firm believer that if you want to build big, you have to do it with regular blocks. From there you pretty much have to just try your best to contour the rigid bricks into the shape (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The St. Theresa

(...) Please DO NOT go to my sight. I have been humbled. (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The St. Theresa

(...) I've popped in, but my time ran out before I could send a second reply. :( (Darn pay-to-type machines!) I love the St. Theresa--excellent lines, an extremely handsome broadside, and a great sense of style about the entire ship. Now, when are (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The St. Theresa

(...) Ack, my Naval Annual is back in the Netherlands. The 'Actual' HMS Queen was a Majestic-class battleship, about (I'd gather) 15,000 tons, perhaps 450ft in length. The ship I built is first and foremost 'minifig scale.' All else is just designed (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The St. Theresa

(...) St Theresa certainly is a gorgeous ship. I particularly liked the way that you've worked up beyond the standard hull pieces, and its a nice colour scheme as well. (URL) flag does she fly? (so I'll know whether to fire in salute or anger when (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: The St. Theresa

(...) Don't be so modest. In my opinion you're running the premier Lego Pirate page. (...) Good ole Red-Beard is at the helm having stolen the ship from the Spanish. The true name of the ship is La Santa Theresa. (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.pirates)