 Pirates / 1140 (-20)
  Re: Crooked mast extension bases...?

(...) *** SACRILEGE ALERT *** SACRILEGE ALERT *** Have you considered taking a file or something to the mast base, to put in notches in the correct places? I have, but I haven't gotten around to doing it yet. Anyone tried this yet? How did it work? (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Crooked mast extension bases...?

(...) I have examples of both types, but naively assumed it was deliberate. Possibly related (but probably not) is the existence of two slightly different versions of the tall rigging part. IIRC they differ in height by about half the width of one (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Crooked mast extension bases...?

(...) I wish. Like I said, it's not that big of a deal, just an oddity to report. And seeing that I'm not the only one helps. They don't cause that much of a problem, just the ratlines don't seat as securely as they should. I'll live, but I might (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Crooked mast extension bases...?

Mmmmm. I have two BSBs, one with the twist in both masts, one not. Neither of my forbidden island bits are twisted. My solution was simply to rearrange the height of the masts (as part of the Port Block refit) so that the ratlines tend to hold the (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Map of the Worlde

(...) Look on lugnet.cad.dat.parts, they have all been posted there at one time or another. (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Map of the Worlde

(...) I certainly care ! Where can I get your mock-ups ? Henrik (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Map of the Worlde

If anyone cares, I have mock-ups for all 5 of these parts (+ the one that is already there) and a mock-up for the tall mast base. (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Map of the Worlde

(...) Hello, I have a few of these parts purchased and on the way. I hope to add them to my to-do list soon. Maybe I can model them, providing no one else is working on them already. Paul (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.cad)

  Re: trade or buy

(...) stuff off (...) complete - (...) Man, That's a dangerous thing to say to a bunch of pirate people! Even I didn't catch the Facetiousness the first FEW times around. LOL-- what's that they used to say in the McDonald's Commercials: "Hey, It (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Crooked mast extension bases...?

(...) Hmm, I was just noticing a few weeks ago (just before Brickfest when I was building a bunch of pirate ships) that I have one also. It looks like at one point they must have had the mold assembled wrong (the molds are multipart), though I would (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Crooked mast extension bases...?

On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, Stephen A. Campbell (<396A05CD.C6977CD6@larc.nasa.g ov>) wrote at 17:20:14 (...) Yes you do. I don't recall having this problem with any of mine. I shudder at the prospect of finding such a thing - there's probably no chance of (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Crooked mast extension bases...?

(...) I've got one tall mast base that's like that too, but I got it in a trade, so I don't know the original source. Surprised the heck out of me when I found it. I figured mine was just a fluek, but now I wonder... J (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Crooked mast extension bases...?

Folks: Arr and all that. Anyway, I'm building my 6285 Black Sea's Barracuda and I'm up to the part where you put the mast parts into the 3-inch (or so) tube mast base. I find the the four slots on the tubes (that fit the tiny tabs on the bottoms of (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Map of the Worlde

(...) Murphy's War, Peter O'Toole SteveC Captain Triviabeard (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Map of the Worlde

(...) Only the 8x16 center-hull has been done. No bows or sterns. But some of the Town-ish boat bricks have been done. You might be able to use those to build up your hulls. Otherwise, it's inverted slopes for you. Steve (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Map of the Worlde

(...) What was that WWII drama set near the river plate with the pilot of the seaplane battling the submarine ? Two men, a U-boat and a pizza place ? (...) Was that 'man of Lego Australia, man, cha cha cha?' (...) pw (red plates may be spilt at (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Map of the Worlde

(...) Well I don't... it took me a heck of a long time to work on my "castle", as the "man of la mancha" put it (1), and I wouldn't want to see any REAL blood on those stones!! ;-) -Shiri (1) sorry, just HAD to ref to that, that was a really good (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Map of the Worlde

(...) 'Tis a lonely world where one can range anywhere with carefully (or not-so-carefully) placed steel shot. In any case, I like the idea. Really. Arr. I do know where a lovely French outpost would absolutely certainly go--on New Caledonia (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Map of the Worlde

(...) Um, "yes." But the Germans were mostly active only after about 1870, a bit late for Pirating (even later than _Gloire_). And bad movies with German heavies aren't just common, they're nearly coterminous! Does anyone know if Pirate hulls have (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Map of the Worlde

Hmmm. Could be wrong, but methinks the main reason for which we piratical types would be craving Castles would be for the battering down thereof ;-) Richard Still baldly going... Check out Port Block at (URL) Dori" wrote (...) in (...) better to (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.pirates)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact