 People / Support / 3
2  |  4
Subject:
If we try, it can turn out really good.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.support
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 08:21:54 GMT

When I saw this new group, I thought to myself, “wow, this is gonna be one tough ball to get rollin.”

But, since I’ve got balls of steel, I’d be glad to kick things off. :-)

I like LEGO, but I love people. I like building, but I love sharing. The act of creation is a divine one, and whenever we build, we honor the Creator by allowing him to work through us. We build structures. We build families. We build friendships. We build hope. In times when we feel like everything is just falling apart, it is vital that we make every effort to continually build toward something. A goal. A destination. A state of mind. A sense of well-being. A level of understanding, contentment and peace. No matter what, or who, we lose, we must believe that we are always granted the necessary strength in life, at all times, under all circumstances, to pull through, move past and ultimately rise above all that we are asked to endure. There is no such thing as a hopeless situation. If it seems like you’ve been dealt much more than your fair share of hardship, do not feel cheated. Instead, feel honored. Feel blessed. In life, you are never asked to endure more than you can handle. Thus, gain strength in knowing that Someone up there knows, for a fact, that you, specifically, posses such an abnormally incredible and uniquely intense strength, so much more so than the average person, that you in particular possess all the power and resources in your life to handle absolutely everything tossed in your path. Most people don’t have to go through what you do, and that’s not because you’re weaker than them, but rather because you are, in fact, stronger. Ever wonder why bad things happen to good people? Well, if bad things happened only to bad people, all they’d do is complain about it. They’d be too ignorant to learn the lessons that are staring them right in the face, and their only function in life would be to make everyone else miserable. But, when something bad happens to someone good, it’s a completely different story. Good people do not close their eyes to the truth – they embrace it and face it head on. They keep a clear head and an open heart, and in overcoming their obstacles, they act as an inspiration to us all. The triumphs of the weak become the strengths of the world. By your example, the work of the Creator is done.

Believe me, I’ve got a lot more to add to this topic. And, it is all very LEGO related. There’s a lot to share, and a lot of us to share with. I’m looking forward to a nice balance of seriousness and humor in here: a lighthearted and respectful exchange of ideas, experiences, inspirations, motivations and creations. If we try, it can turn out really good.

-Mike “Count Blockula” Crowley