 People / Singles / 26
Re: SWM AFOL in Boston seeking SF
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.singles, lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 02:08:09 GMT

In lugnet.people.singles, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
In lugnet.people.singles, Mark Papenfuss wrote:
In lugnet.people.singles, Todd Lehman wrote:

I never thought I'd be using LUGNET to post a personal.  But heck,
other people seem to be, so why not give it a shot?

Todd,

As much as I wish you luck on your search - can you explain why this does not
belong in off-topic?

I draw your attention to the group charter of off-topic:

"Off-topic (non-LEGO®) discussions" - this is what your post was, non-LEGO®
discussion. And this is what you have specifically given the green-light to
in other posts in these newly created forums - non-LEGO® discussion.

Ahh, but Mark.. you missed the charter of lugnet.people:

"lugnet.people– All about LEGO® people (enthusiasts, fans, maniacs, collectors,
builders, etc.)"

And since Todd is clearly a "LEGO people" - any post about Todd should be
on-topic for any sub-section of .people .

Ahh, but Leonard - you missed the point. I never said it did not belong on
Lugnet, and I never said it did not belong in .people - did I?

I think the key word in charter of off-topic is "discussions."  If this were to
turn into an active discussion/debate about some aspect of Todd, or Todd's
desire to date someone - then the proper place is in otd or another part of
off-topic.

I think you are also missing the entire point of Lugnet and posting messages to
Lugnet -- Lugnet it is for discussion, and you post messages to start a
discussion!

But more to the point, I find this whole post and the tactic it represents as
being low and unfair.

Shame you think that Leonard - I am not in any way trying ot do what you are
attemptint ot twist my intentions into.

Yes, these posts are off-topic (meaning not about Lego). And yes, Adrian's birth
announcment post - as great as the news is.. is not about Lego. And thus, should
be in off-topic. BUT his post was in the correct sub-set (.people) but you see
Leonard, my point (that you missed) is that the .people group should be in
off-topic.

the online LEGO Community? OF COURSE IT IS!!

Glad that point did not escape you ;) Now, is Todd searching for a soul mate
about Lego? OF COURSE IT IS NOT!! (to borrow your all caps). And where does
non-Lego talk go? IN OFF-TOPIC!! (again, using your all caps).

Mark P
LoB