 People / Newbie / 85
Re: New here...kinda...plus cats.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.newbie
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 16:13:29 GMT

In lugnet.people.newbie, Allen Carley writes:

Hey all,

I've been lurking around for years, both here on LUGNET and on the old
*.toys.lego forums.  And since I have oh so much free time on my hands right
now, I thought I'd start posting occasionally.

There is an ulterior motive.  I do have a question.  I will soon have 3 new
people in my house, two of them of the feline persuasion.  Has anyone had
trouble mixing cats and Lego?  And if so, what were the problems and what
were the solutions?  Any help would be appreciated.

I can't recommend it. As a young teen, I tried to mix Lego with a cat, by
making a howdah for my maxis and stiffies to ride in, perched atop our cat.
It kept slipping off the cat, and eventually she wandered away to hide,
leaving my dreams of a Hannibalistic cat attack force in ruins.

In the intervening years, cat technology has not improved very much, you
still can't get a cat with studs or technic holes or other attachment points.

Currently, our two cats show very little interest in my Lego, while the dog
gets annoyed when chased by the various Scout and MicroScout cars Allison
and I make.

George