 People / Newbie / 83
Re: New here...kinda...plus cats.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.newbie
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 15:24:39 GMT

In lugnet.people.newbie, Allen Carley writes:

Hey all,

I've been lurking around for years, both here on LUGNET and on the old
*.toys.lego forums.  And since I have oh so much free time on my hands right
now, I thought I'd start posting occasionally.

There is an ulterior motive.  I do have a question.  I will soon have 3 new
people in my house, two of them of the feline persuasion.  Has anyone had
trouble mixing cats and Lego?  And if so, what were the problems and what
were the solutions?  Any help would be appreciated.

Allen D. Carley - with visions of the cat choking on pieces and my
girlfriend yelling 'My cat!' and me yelling 'My Lego!'

I have four cats, a lot of Lego bricks and a small apartment. But only the
orange tabby male, Angus, has ever really tried to chew on the Lego bricks. And
he tries to chew on almost everything small enough that doesn't fight back. All
four are slightly intrigued by the sound of sifting pieces. From my experience
and others I've talked to, unless your cats are apt to chew on things, you will
be fine. There are several pictures on Brickshelf.com of cats lounging about
larger LEGO constructions. I simply keep my bricks in boxes or up on a table
and Angus doesn't get a hold of them. It's similar to having a 6 year old
around, except Angus listens better. Happy building. Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Aaron