 People / Newbie / 283
Re: Hello, and NNTP help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.newbie
Date:
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:40:19 GMT

In lugnet.people.newbie, Jamie Bliss wrote:
Hello, all! I'm Jamie "Astronouth7303" Bliss (son of Steve "partsref" Bliss of
LDraw). I finally got the setup page to work, so now I'm saying "Hello, world!"

Now for the NNTP help. I can post by web (As is indicated here), but when I try
to post by NNTP, Thunderbird (my news client) pops up a message box saying
either that the server refused the connection, or new users should start at the
setup page.

Can anyone explain this?

Are you pointing to the right port? IIRC LUGNET does not use the default news
port.

From http://www.lugnet.com/news/ (IIRC, somewhat out of date since it still
refers to the default port):

". You might also want to try port 1119, 8000 or 8080 if you are unable to
access using the standard port 119."

...so try 1119. If you already did, or that fails, ask again or mail Todd or Suz
(not me, please).

Hope that helps.