 People / Newbie / 204
Re: Your folks were so helpful... going to try again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.newbie
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 05:38:30 GMT

Ack!  I just wrote a nice post in reply here and I accidentally deleted it.
Woops!  Anyway, it went something like this:

Happens to the best of us... been on usenet long enought to have done it all,
myself.

When dragon flames are too big for torches, I do this:

*blush*

I was assuming it was along the lines of other toy dragon flames I have seen.
It appears, now that I have a .dat file for it to scale it with, that the
dragons flame might just do me...

<snip interesting alterntive>

Ta-da! A minifig torch blowing in the wind!  :)

Well, ok, confession time, if any of you happen to read l.c.dev, you will haev
seen the flurry of activity I have caused there, my goal here is not for legos,
but for another building system, lego like, but without the pegs and holes,
glue together blocks. (http://www.hirstarts.com).

This is not quite what I had in mind, while I will showing my kids how to make
a fig with a torch like that, and it will come in handy when I play wargames
with the kids and the legos. I was really looking for a wall mounted torch,
which is a bit bigger, the Dragon flames might just do me fine.

To seach for parts like this, the Lugnet partsref
(http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/) and Peeron (http://www.peeron.com/) are
great.  You can search by description.  Once you get a part number, you can
then look up which sets have it in which colors, or you can enter the part
number into a Bricklink search (http://www.bricklink.com/) and see if anyone
is selling just the element you want.

Cool, knew about bricklink.com, but not about the plain english search engines.
Thanks!

Dwayne