 People / LGBT / 79
Re: Hidden Mickeys...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people.lgbt
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 21:21:52 GMT

In lugnet.people.lgbt, Jamie Berard wrote:
Hey there everybody.  I'm happy to finally post to the LGBT list.  Actually,
this is the first time ever that I post to Lugnet--so yay!

Anyways, I thought it would be cool to start a new thread here.

If any of you have been to Walt Disney World or Disneyland you may be aware that
Disney Imagineers and designers place "Hidden Mickeys" all over their
attractions.  It's kinda fun scavenging for them at the theme parks and it adds
a whole new level of fun to the theme park experience.

Well, LEGO Model Builders seem to have taken the Hidden Mickey mentality to the
left by adding their own subtleties to the Legoland parks.  A wink to those of
us who can find them, there are a few gems at the end of our LEGO rainbow right
in the heart of Miniland.

Check out New Orleans and the Mardi Gras display next time you are out at
Legoland California.  I laughed out loud when I saw the attention to detail even
included a "gay district" where rainbow flags adorned the local bars and
buildings.  A little further away, a beautiful Bed and Breakfast even had a
rainbow flag proudly waving out onto the street.

I think it would be great fun if we could keep an eye out for these little
treasures and post them to the group.  If you're building a display of your own
and have an opportunity to show your true colors, please feel free to add your
own rainbow flag.  It's such a tiny detail that for the most part will be
overlooked.  Yet to those of us who find it, it's an opportunity for instant
smiles and fun conversation.

http://www.sideshowjamie.com/images/MasterBuilder/LegoPride01.jpg

http://www.sideshowjamie.com/images/MasterBuilder/LegoPride02.jpg

jamie :)

Hi, let me be the first one to say welcome to Lugnet and to LGBT. Cool models, I
never been in LEGOLAND California yet though but I was in Windsor and Gunzburg
(didn't find any of those though).

Yaron