 People / LGBT / 77
    Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? —Leonard Hoffman
   (...) (URL) "Come on, before the modern term of 'homosexual' was coined into English, everyone knew what a sodomite was..." 'Sodomite', in case you didn't know, is considered offensive and an insult. Even if this term wasn't used against someone, it (...) (20 years ago, 11-Oct-04, to lugnet.people.lgbt, FTX)

        Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Agreed. It is also inaccurate in that (at least in my view, which may be flawed because I'm hetero) having a preference and acting on that preference are not at all the same thing. (and the distinction goes a lot deeper than that) However I (...) (20 years ago, 11-Oct-04, to lugnet.people.lgbt, FTX)

        Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? —Lee Meyer
   (...) I believe 'sodomite' is an accurate term, and the way I used it was not to bash anyone. You neglected to show the context in which I used that word in the first place, which was to show that by the term 'sodomite' one would know both 'sexual (...) (20 years ago, 11-Oct-04, to lugnet.people.lgbt, FTX)

        Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? —Soren Roberts
     In lugnet.people.lgbt, Lee Meyer wrote: (sigh) FUT lugnet.off-topic.debate Lee, whatever your views, there are better ways and better places to bring them up. This is just tasteless. Soren (20 years ago, 11-Oct-04, to lugnet.people.lgbt)

        Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? —Angela Fong
    Hi, Is this really lgbt lego oriented, or can this be moved to off topic? I didn't join this newsgroup to discuss what a sodomite is, frankly. Not that there is anything wrong with being one. Angela (20 years ago, 12-Oct-04, to lugnet.people.lgbt)