 People / LGBT / 72
    Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? —Saskia van Doesburg
   (...) No, I'm feeling too uncomfortable to post... Afraid to be bashed all over Lugnet again... And that is no good. Not at all. Saskia (20 years ago, 10-Oct-04, to lugnet.people.lgbt)

        Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? —Lee Meyer
   (...) I know I didn't read ALL of the postings for the prior discussion, so I may have missed the ones Saskia is saying she was bashed in, but of the ones I did read, I didn't see anyone 'gay bashing', using crude/derogatory slangs at anyone else. (...) (20 years ago, 11-Oct-04, to lugnet.people.lgbt)

        Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? —Leonard Hoffman
   (...) (URL) "Come on, before the modern term of 'homosexual' was coined into English, everyone knew what a sodomite was..." 'Sodomite', in case you didn't know, is considered offensive and an insult. Even if this term wasn't used against someone, it (...) (20 years ago, 11-Oct-04, to lugnet.people.lgbt, FTX)

        Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Agreed. It is also inaccurate in that (at least in my view, which may be flawed because I'm hetero) having a preference and acting on that preference are not at all the same thing. (and the distinction goes a lot deeper than that) However I (...) (20 years ago, 11-Oct-04, to lugnet.people.lgbt, FTX)

        Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? —Lee Meyer
   (...) I believe 'sodomite' is an accurate term, and the way I used it was not to bash anyone. You neglected to show the context in which I used that word in the first place, which was to show that by the term 'sodomite' one would know both 'sexual (...) (20 years ago, 11-Oct-04, to lugnet.people.lgbt, FTX)

        Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? —Soren Roberts
     In lugnet.people.lgbt, Lee Meyer wrote: (sigh) FUT lugnet.off-topic.debate Lee, whatever your views, there are better ways and better places to bring them up. This is just tasteless. Soren (20 years ago, 11-Oct-04, to lugnet.people.lgbt)

        Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? —Angela Fong
    Hi, Is this really lgbt lego oriented, or can this be moved to off topic? I didn't join this newsgroup to discuss what a sodomite is, frankly. Not that there is anything wrong with being one. Angela (20 years ago, 12-Oct-04, to lugnet.people.lgbt)