 People / LGBT / 45
    Is LGBT a comon acronym in the US? —Tim David
   I'd never heard of it before the recent debate and even then i was trying to work out where the G was in Lavender Brick! Tim (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.people.lgbt)

        Re: Is LGBT a comon acronym in the US? —Adrian Drake
     (...) It's quite familiar to me. One of my roomates in college was the president of the LGBT club, and that was the exact acronym they used, and this was almost 10 years ago. Adrian (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.people.lgbt)

        Re: Is LGBT a comon acronym in the US? —Saskia van Doesburg
   (...) I've always know it as GLBT, but I think that is because I was more involved in the LGBTcommunity years ago and not recently. Is it correct that the G and the L switched places? Saskia (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.people.lgbt)

        Re: Is LGBT a comon acronym in the US? —Johannes Koehler
   HellO! (...) Perhaps it's a matter of politeness. Ladies first! Bye Jojo (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.people.lgbt)

        Re: Is LGBT a comon acronym in the US? Todd Lehman
   (...) I did some research on this the other day, and learned that for a very long time, women were left out of the gay movement... hence the increasing emphasis on L over the years. It's interesting that today, both LGBT and GLBT have almost the (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.people.lgbt)