 People / 716
Re: People pictures on Brickshelf gallery
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 15:16:23 GMT

At first I thought you were refering to me (and mayber your were), but
then I looked at the 'recent' page (I should do that more often) and
noticed that Shiri Dori had posted some (On the same day, maybe?
weird).  It seems we both posted a few.  Shiri is a much better looking
than I am.  ;-)

In my case, I was up late and playing with my web cam, and I decided
"Why not put a couple on Brickshelf?", so I did.  But now that you mention
it, I do think this is a pretty good thing.  One of the problems
(advantages?) of on-line discussions is that your mental image of
someone often differs from what they really look like.  Being visual
critters, we humans do like to know what things look like, and knowing
someone's face makes it that much easier to remember them and realize that
there is an actual person on the other end of the line.  I think
it's great to be able to place faces with names.  I think more folks
should post their pictures.  Just so long as the pictures of people
don't start to out weigh the pictures of Lego.  :-)

- Greg

In lugnet.people, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
I noticed a growing trend of posting pictures of one's self on the
Brickshelf gallery, so I though I should join in on the fun:

I'm pretty much happy with posting only one picture, though, unlike
someone else... ;-)

So, who's next in the line?  :-)

Fredrik