 People / 4768
Re: Jake McKee's Speech: How LEGO Caught the Cluetrain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.people
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2008 12:29:30 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Richie Dulin wrote:
In lugnet.general, Tim Courtney wrote:
An industry buddy of mine sent me a link to this speech that Jake McKee gave at
the "There's a New Conversation" conference which, IIRC, highlighted 10 years of
the Cluetrain Manifesto. Jake tells a lot of the story of taking LEGO from a
company in 2000 that was almost hostile towards AFOLs to today where fans
participate in product development and there's open two-way communication.

I watched it last night. Jake did a great job illustrating what we all
experienced with the company over the last 8 or so years from the company's
side. I'll probably write up some thoughts on my own site from at a later date,
for now, enjoy the video:

http://blip.tv/file/697965

-Tim

Thanks for sharing! It serves as a reminder of what has happened, and what can
happen.

Looking forward to reading your thoughts on it in due course.

Cheers

Richie Dulin

It's taking me a while longer than expected, mostly because I'm working on what
to highlight as there's so much that could be written about. I've picked a
couple points in the Cluetrain Manifesto not covered in the speech and writing a
piece based on those that I trust will do justice to fan/company interaction as
well as provide insights to a broader audience outside of the community.

-Tim