 People / 4254
4253  |  4255
Subject:
Everything I Own
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 16:38:51 GMT

Do you like making lists?  Need fuel for your emerging OCD?  Or did you just
take John Lennon seriously when he asked, "imagine all possessions, I wonder if
you can?"

Well, then do what I did:

Make a list of everything you own:

http://www.appstate.edu/~main/possessions20050105.html

Why did I do this?  Well, I think it does serve *some* useful purposes.  For
one, it really does give you a nice overview.  We live in a consumer-oriented,
possessions-bring-happiness kind of society.  I'm not so sure I like that and I
kinda want to get a handle on how much I participate in it.  This is a good
starting point.  I can use this list to reflect on things I want and need, as
well as think about the things I have.

Why did I post this?  Well, because this is lugnet.people and I want you people
to get to know me better ;)  Also, I think it could spur some good discussion.
Go ahead and comment on my thoughts above or my list or your own list or lack
thereof.  Tell me why lists like this are great or why I have too much time on
my hands.

--
Thomas Main
thomasmain@myrealbox.com