 People / 4208
Re: Lavender Brick Society
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.org
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 15:18:30 GMT

"Jesse Alan Long" <kiraya_malzant@yahoo.com> wrote in message

First of all, if you plan on having such a group, do you not know that • LEGO HAS
made pink as a color in the past?  I would think that a homosexual group • would
at least match the typical homosexual agenda on such a small issue like • that on
here.  Second, you are not gay because gay means happy.  What you would be
termed would be ranging from sexually confused to sexually deviant to even • being
a sodomist.  I did not make the terms up, people, I am just repeating what • God
and others who followed Him have said about such a lifestyle.  If you, • Suzanne,
and you, Todd, and you, other LUGNET people, wish to give me the boot from
LUGNET, then I will sue you for discrimination.  I prefer to live in peace • with
other human beings.  As for allowing such a group on here, I would have to
object to such a thing on numerous fronts.  If anyone wants to consider me • a
hatemonger for standing up to my faith in God Almighty, then they will • also have
to meet Him one day just as these people will for what they have done in • life.
It does not matter what your faith is because God trumps all other false
religions and, as it was said in the past, "I am the way, the truth, and • the
life, and that no person can come to the Father but through the way that • was
made by me."

With that being said, here are the reasons why such groups should NEVER be
formed on here.  The first reason is that such a group would promotes • agendas
that might irritate other LUGNET users.  I know for a fact that people who • call
homosexual people hateful things will be banned so why not ban other forms • of
hatred?  This leads to the second reason why it should never be formed on • here.
The second reason is that we do not have LUGNET users who have groups on • here
that represent other ideologies or faiths or ethnicities on here, so why • should
we treat you any differently than any other group on here?  To those • people who
do not know, LUGNET was created FOR people of ALL walks of life and as • such, no
preference should EVER be made to such people on here, even to people like • me,
or to people like the Lavendar Brick Society.  The third reason is that it • is a
form of hatred.  Do we really need a white supremacist LUGNET group or a • Black
Panther LUGNET group or a fundamentalist Islamic militant LUGNET group?
Absolutely not, people!  We have learned our lessons from the intolerance • of
those people, so why should we promote this form of intolerance, people?
Sometimes, homosexuality is also promoted along with racism.  Such an • event
happened in Norway.  It also happened in Rome.  The prime minster in • Norway and
the one that he confided in were both killed due to their hatred in their • lives.
The Norwegians tend to not approve of such things, so why should we, as • the
community of LUGNET, be promoting hatred, intolerance, bigotry, sexism,
discrimination, narrow mindedness, and other forms of evil?  The fourth • reason
is that I do not want to be the focus of unwarranted hatred and • intolerance for
what I have faith in my life simply because I show respect and faith • towards the
One who created the whole universe.  If people hate me on here, then they • are
the truly intolerant ones on LUGNET.  The fifth reason is that • homosexuality is
NOT a tolerant lifestyle.  It is an immoral, hateful, bigoted, sexist,
discriminatory, intolerant, deviant, and even racist lifestyle.  No one • who
lives the lifestyle and is confronted with these things and remains proud • of
what they do in life will do so once they actually start to ask the • questions of
the lifestyle.  Often, the people who refuse to answer the well-meaning
questions of the lifestyle are too arrogant to really answer such • questions in
life because they would not want to lose their moral superiority or they • simply
do not have an answer to those questions in life.  Of course, if you want • a
sermon, then maybe you SHOULD go to a church that does not approve of
homosexuality as an "alternative lifestyle."  We, meaning the true • Christians,
do not hate you, rather, it is you who hate those who will not conform to • and
accept, without any questions, your lifestyle and this would include me • and
others who think like me in life.

In short, LUGNET does NOT need to counteract or to contradict what has • been a
peaceful and mutually true tolerance for ALL LUGNET users and LEGO fans. • So
what if the company has policies that promote such a lifestyle?  If the • founders
of LEGO found that fact out, then they would be turning over in their • graves.
From what little I know about them, I believe that they were truly moral • and
right people in life and that they would NEVER allow such a thing in their
company.  Why become a hypocrite, LUGNET?  It would only allow hypocrisy • to
reign in LUGNET.  I am a LEGO fan, you are a LEGO fan and what you do with • your
lifestyle is your business but when you are on LUGNET, you are to NEVER • promote
or to support hatred.  This also goes to you, Todd, Suzanne, and anyone • else who
would support them in their true hatred of me.  If this is my last time on • here,
then it will be the last time that anyone who makes sense to stand up for • what
is right not only for LUGNET but for what is morally right in life to be • on
here.  The next time that you see me, I will be a headless LEGO Minifig • and my
little yellow LEGO Minifig head will be in one of those little LEGO pots.

Jesse Long

Jesse lets look at where in the bible it says homosexuallity is wrong
Leviticus 20:13 clearly states "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth
with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely
be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

OK so your right, Leviticus is a bit of an odd one though. Do you agree all
these laws should be followed too ? If not, you might be considered by some
to be hypocritical.

Don't let cattle graze with other kinds of Cattle (Leviticus 19:19)
Don't have a variety of crops on the same field. (Leviticus 19:19)
Don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19)
Don't cut your hair nor shave. (Leviticus 19:27)
Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed. (Leviticus
20:9)
If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must
die. (Leviticus 20:10).
If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is
to be put to death. (Leviticus 20:11)
If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to
death.  (Leviticus 20:14)
If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be
killed. (Leviticus 20:15-16).
If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off
from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)
Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death.  (Leviticus 20:27)
If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake.
(Leviticus 21:9)
People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of
God (Leviticus 21:17-18)
Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the
community.  (Leviticus 24:14-16)
Don't let cattle graze with other kinds of Cattle (Leviticus 19:19)

You are of course fully entitled to your views, but you have to accept the
views of others. Lots of parts of the old testament are difficult to fully
understand in todays world. Lots of the laws and commandments are
contradicted by a more rational stance in the New Testament. Rational
judgement is needed :)

and yes I consider myself to be a christian and no I dont ever feel the need
to call my gay friends immoral, hateful, bigoted, sexist, discriminatory,
intolerant, deviant, or even racist (well occasionally a bit sexist, but
only as a joke).

--
James Stacey
------