 People / 4135
    Re: Lavender Brick Society —Lee Meyer
   (...) This last argument is always appealed to when a majority having a conservative position is opposed to what a minority group with a more liberal viewpoint does or doesn't want to do. In this case the majority is cast as being ignorant, hateful (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.org)

        Re: Lavender Brick Society —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Why cast this as conservative vs. liberal? I'm not seeing it that way and I am not sure it's a useful characterisation. (...) I am not seeing any characterisation of the 'majority' as ignorant, hateful or unqualified by anyone. I certainly (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.org)

        Re: Lavender Brick Society —Lee Meyer
   (...) I have seen posts by people telling others to remove their posts (those against this idea) and have seen posts calling those who posted against this idea whitewashed as 'homophobic.' In the first post I replied to in this thread we see someone (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.org)